All roofs have a lifespan, and no matter how well they are taken care of, they will need to be replaced at some point. Whether replacement is needed or whether a repair will suffice is something you will need to discuss with one of our San Ramon roofers. After inspecting your roof, we can explain the options that are available to you based on our honest assessment of the condition of your roof.
There are several signs that indicate it may be time to replace your roof:
- Age of the roof: If your roof is approaching or exceeding its expected lifespan, which is typically around 20 to 30 years depending on the materials used, it may be time for a replacement.
- Extensive damage: If your roof has suffered significant damage, such as missing or damaged shingles, extensive leaks, or sagging areas, it may be more cost-effective to replace the entire roof rather than continuously patching it up.
- Constant repairs: If you find yourself frequently needing to repair your roof due to leaks or other issues, it could be a sign that the roof's integrity has been compromised and it's time for a replacement.
- Granule loss: Check your gutters and downspouts for an accumulation of granules from your asphalt shingles. Excessive granule loss can indicate that the shingles are deteriorating and nearing the end of their lifespan.
- Mold or moisture issues: If you notice the presence of mold or mildew in your attic or on the underside of your roof, it may be a sign of excessive moisture infiltration. This can occur if the roof is no longer effectively sealing out water, indicating the need for a replacement.
- Energy inefficiency: If your energy bills have been steadily increasing, it could be a sign that your roof is no longer providing adequate insulation. A new roof with improved insulation can help reduce energy consumption and lower your utility costs.
- Curling or buckling shingles: Shingles that are curling, buckling, or losing their shape are likely nearing the end of their lifespan. This can leave your roof vulnerable to water damage and leaks.
- Roof deck issues: If you notice significant sagging or rotting in the roof deck, it may indicate structural problems that necessitate a roof replacement.
If you observe any of these signs, it's important to consult with a San Ramon roofing contractor to assess the condition of your roof and determine if replacement is necessary. A qualified professional at Frank Fiala Roofing can provide guidance and expertise to ensure your new roof meets your needs for durability, functionality, and aesthetic appeal.
When we have any issues, which is seldom, he sends out his crew and inspects and reports back to us. Usually the issue is internal or due to an non roof component of the weather seal. If it is the roof, the repair is executed quickly and covered under warranty.John M.
Roof Leak Repair
One of the most common roof repairs we perform here at Frank Fiala Roofing is roof leak repair. Our roofing professionals are always available to help you address the damaging effects of water infiltration.
When a roof develops a leak, it can lead to extensive water damage, mold growth, and compromised structural integrity. Roof leak repair involves a thorough inspection to identify the source of the leak and determine the most appropriate solution. This can include patching damaged areas, replacing missing or damaged shingles, repairing flashing, or resealing vulnerable areas. The goal is to stop the leak, prevent further water intrusion, and restore the integrity of the roof.
Prompt roof leak repair is essential to minimize damage and protect the overall health of your property. Don't wait to contact Frank Fiala Roofing at the first sign that your roof is leaking.
Keep an Eye on Your Roof with Regular Roof Inspections
Roof inspections play a crucial role in maintaining the health and longevity of your roof. Regular roof inspections help identify potential issues early on, allowing for prompt repairs and preventing costly damage down the line. Roof inspections can uncover problems such as leaks, damaged shingles, deteriorating flashing, or sagging areas. They also provide an opportunity to assess the overall condition of the roof, including its structural integrity and ventilation.
By conducting routine roof inspections, homeowners and business owners in San Ramon can address small issues before they escalate, extend the lifespan of their roof, maintain its performance, and ensure the safety and protection of their property and its occupants.
Our San Ramon roofing experts look forward to serving you. Call (925) 204-2202 today to request a consultation.
“When we have any issues, which is seldom, he sends out his crew and inspects and reports back to us. Usually the issue is internal or due to an non roof component of the weather seal. If it is the roof, the repair is executed quickly and covered under warranty.”John M.
Licensed, Bonded, & Insured for Your Protection
Providing Free Inspection & Diagnosis Estimates
24/7 Emergency Services Available
Been Around Since 1989