One of the most important reasons for seeking a roof coating is boosting its overall life. Roof coatings protect the building from the constant erosion that accompanies inclement weather. It is also helpful for safeguarding the roof’s beauty, without the natural fading that comes from UV rays. Along with these advantages, there are several other positives as well, which is why installing roof coating has become so popular.
Some of the greatest benefits of installing a roof coating include:
- The ability to secure tiles from water damage through a hydrophobic roof seal
- Increased capability of keeping dirt, mud, leaves, twigs, and other materials off the roof
- Decreasing the levels of heat conductivity by about two-thirds on top of the roof
- Increasing the roof’s overall expiration date
- Keep the roof’s original colors safe from acid rain corrosion and other pollution
- Increases energy savings by diminishing heat loss during cold weather
- Prevention of unwanted organic growth, like lichen, moss, mildew, or algae
- Improving the curb appeal of the property by boosting the roof’s overall appearance
When we have any issues, which is seldom, he sends out his crew and inspects and reports back to us. Usually the issue is internal or due to an non roof component of the weather seal. If it is the roof, the repair is executed quickly and covered under warranty.John M.
In the same way that there are so many kinds of roofs, there are also lots of choices for roof coatings as well. Depending on the type of roof, one roof coating may be more appropriate than another. For example, if a roof experiences high levels of UV light, a coating that comes with reflective properties would be beneficial to decrease thermal absorption. Roofs that undergo lots of heavy foot traffic, or may be exposed to hail and hard rain, could benefit from polyurethane coatings.
Some examples of popular coatings include:
- Polyurethane coatings (including aromatic and aliphatic)
- Asphalt coatings
- Silicone coatings
- Acrylic coatings
To determine which roof would be best for a property, it is a good idea to consult with knowledgeable roofers first about the specific purposes it must fulfill. Our team at FFR can examine the building and advise some of the best options. Then we can work together with commercial owners to settle on one that fits an individual budget.
For dependable solutions for roof coatings in San Jose, speak to our talented specialists today at (925) 204-2202 and we can even offer same-day appointments.
Licensed, Bonded, & Insured for Your Protection
Providing Free Inspection & Diagnosis Estimates
24/7 Emergency Services Available
Been Around Since 1989